Initialize a New Hire to Vista
Initialize new hire records to Vista after they have been reviewed and you are ready to add those records to HR Resources in Vista.
- Select .
- From the Employee column, select the
new hire's name.The Onboarding Details page displays.
- Enter the Expected Hire Date.Note: If this date is in the future, the Vista record will not be marked as active and must be updated manually on the employee's official hire date.
- Select Initialize to Vista.The Initialize to Vista pop-up window opens, allowing you to enter information required to create the new HR Resource record.
- Complete all required fields (display with a red asterisk). After required fields are entered, you can select Initialize to create the new HR Resource record and attach all completed forms.
- For the HR reference number (HR Ref), note the
- You can use the Auto Generate HR Ref feature to create a new HR Reference number based on the next sequence in Vista. If you prefer to enter your own number, enter it in the HR Ref field.
- You can enter an HR Reference number in Expected HR Ref (on the Onboarding Employee Details page) for new hires who should have a specific number assigned to them. This number will then be skipped when using Auto Generate HR Ref.
- For rehires, the HR Ref and other fields prefill based on the record linked in the Rehire Employee field on the Onboarding Employee Details page.
- The HR Company and Payroll Company fields (and dependent fields such as
PR Department and Default Earn Code) are dependent on the following:
- The PR Companies set up in HR Company Parameters in Vista.
- The PR companies enabled in the portal setting PR Company and PR Groups to be included in the Portal under .