Configure Performance Review
The Performance Review module allows employees and their assigned managers to complete review forms that score the employee's performance.
.The General Configuration section displays as expanded by default.
In User Group for Performance Review Administration, select the
Employee Group that should have Admin rights to
Users in this group will have access to the Performance Review Dashboard where they can create and edit performance review templates and initialize reviews.
In Maximum Score, enter the
highest score that users can receive for a review. The total percentage that a
user can earn is then based on this maximum score.
If you leave this setting blank, reviews are scored out of 100%.
To require that the employee and all assigned
managers complete a performance review before it can be finalized, select
Require Employee and All
Managers to Complete in order to Finalize Reviews.
If you disable employee self-reviews for a review instance (Disable Employee Self Review is selected when initializing performance reviews), only managers are required to complete a review before it can be finalized. However, employees will still have to acknowledge the review from their My Performance page ( ).
- To allow managers to see the average score of the employee on their review page, select Show the score column on the manager grid. To allow managers to see just the reviews that they need to complete, leave this setting blank.
To allow a manager and employee to view
unsubmitted performance reviews that each one has in progress for the employee's
review, enable Allow Managers and
Employees to view Performance Reviews that are in progress. For
example, if your organization uses cumulative review forms that are updated
throughout the year, you can enable this setting so that those reviews are
available for capturing progress and notes.
If you enable this setting, you will see the following changes under:
- The Manager View tab will show the In Progress status as a hyperlink, allowing the manager to access the employee's portion of the review without it being submitted.
- The My Performance tab will show the manager's name as a hyperlink, allowing the employee to access the manager's portion of the employee's review without it being submitted.
To send email reminders automatically to remind
managers and employees (if self-reviews are enabled when initializing reviews)
that a review is due, use the portal setting Unsubmitted Performance Review Reminder
timing found under . to
Note: Performance Review Admins can also send reminder emails manually from the Performance Review Dashboard. See Send Reminders About Performance Reviews for details.
- Enter a numeric value in this setting to set the number of hours before the review due date to send a reminder email automatically to the manager and employee. For example, 12.
- The timing of this setting is relative to 12:00 am (midnight). For example, if you enter 12 in this setting, the reminder email will be sent at 12 pm (noon) the day before the review due date.
Optionally, a System Admin can set a default
Manager or Performance Review Group (employee group) for an employee's
Note: You can assign either a default performance review manager or review group, or you can set both.
For more information, see Assign Users Access to Modules.
- Select .
- From the Module Bundle dropdown, select Performance.
Locate the applicable employee in the
You can filter the page by PR Group or Employee Group, or search for employees by name or number.
- In the Performance Review Manager column for the employee, select Edit. In the pop-up window, choose a review manager from the dropdown and then select Save.
- In the Performance Review Group column for the employee, select Edit. In the pop-up window, choose an employee group from the dropdown and then select Save.
Assign the appropriate Approval Permissions so
that managers have the ability to review their employees:
Note: Managers will be able to complete their review at the same time as the employee.
See Assign Approval Permissions for more details.
- Select .
- In the Give Permission To field, select the manager group that you are assigning permission to.
- In the Permission Type field, select Can Enter Performance Reviews For.
- In the For This Group field, choose the employee group that the selected managers should have permission to review.