How is the Performance Review Score Calculated?
The employee's cumulative performance review score displays in the upper right of the page as the manager completes the review.
Performance Review Calculation
your score by the total score
- Each question, or item prompt, has a total
score. Divide the user’s score by the total possible score.
- For example: If the employee received 4 out of 5, then 4 divided by 5 is 0.8.
- If a question does not have a score, it is not a Rating, Checkbox List, Dropdown, or Radio Button Response Type with a numeric Database Value for the assigned lookup. See Create and Edit Performance Review Templates for more details.
- If you have multiple questions per item group,
add your scores above and divide by the total number of
- For example: For question 1, the employee received 0.8 (4/5). For question 2, the employee received 1 (5/5). The section total is 0.9 (1.8/2)
- Each question, or item prompt, has a total score. Divide the user’s score by the total possible score.
the total by the % applied to the group weight
- When you are creating your performance review template, each item group must be assigned a percentage. The total score of all your questions for this group is then multiplied by this percentage.
- If the percentage of your group is 0, the score for that section will be 0.
- Add all
- Add the calculations for each group to get the total score. If the employee received the highest score on all questions, this should be a 1 (or 100%).
- If you have assigned a value to portal setting Maximum Score, the total percentage will be multiplied to that value. See Configure Performance Review for details.
- If the sum of the item group weights is not 100%, your score will be off.