Initialize Performance Reviews
In order for users to complete a performance review, a Performance Review Admin must initialize the review template.
- Select .
Select the Initialize Reviews
The Initialize Reviews window opens.
Use the Disable Employee Self Review
check box to indicate whether employees should complete self-reviews
for this performance review instance:
- To allow employee self-reviews for this performance review instance, leave the Disable Employee Self Review check box blank.
- If you do not want employees to complete self-reviews for this performance review instance, select Disable Employee Self Review.
Choose the review templates that employees and
managers will use (required):
- In Choose Review Template for Employees drop-down, select the review template to use for employees.
- In Choose Review
Template for Managers drop-down, select the review
template to use for managers.Note: You must select a review template for employees even if employee self-reviews are not enabled. The template you select for employees determines the employees that the review will be for and the managers that will be assigned to that review.
After you select review templates, the
Initialize Reviews pop-up expands to display
additional fields that allow you to select employees for this performance
Note: If you are not allowing employee self-reviews, the review is sent only to users with permission to review the selected employees.
- To include all employees in this review, click the Select All check box.
- To search for and select specific employees for this review, use the Select employees to initialize search field. The list of employees filters based on your search. Be sure to select the name of each employee to include in the review.
At the bottom of the Initialize
Reviews pop-up window, select the Review Due By date.
This field defaults to thirty days from today’s date.Note: Once the review due date passes, employees can no longer complete their review, but the review is still available for managers to complete. A manager can extend the due date if necessary.
- Select Initialize.