How to See Submitted By and Approved By on a Timecard Report
For auditing purposes it is often useful to see how submitted a timecard and who approved it. You can see this information in two places on the portal.
If you are a Timecard Admin you can view who submitted and approved from the
Timecard Dashboard (
- Select the appropriate Company and Pay Period for the employee's timecard.
- Select on the icon in the History column to show the submission and approval history for that timecard, then select on either of the blue links to generate and download the submitted timecard PDF.
- The submitted and approved can be seen at the bottom of the pdf.
- If you are looking at a closed pay period you can download the processed timecard report for an individual employee by selecting the employee’s name. Remember that processed timecard reports show the time that was actually processed through Vista for that pay period, not necessarily what was submitted by the employee.
- The Timecard admin can also download this information for the entire payroll group by selecting for both closed and open pay periods.
Each employee with access to the Earnings module also has the ability to view
their Processed and Submitted Timecard Reports. As before, the Submitted
Timecard Reports will reflect the time actually submitted (including submitted
by and approved values). Processed timecards show time actually processed
through Vista and do not necessarily match the submitted timecard.
- Navigate to .
- To view a processed timecard, check Timecards (Processed) and filter by the date range containing the timecard you are looking for.
- Select View to see the Timecard Report in the browser. Select Download to generate a PDF of the timecard report.
- Follow the same steps above but select Timecards (Submitted) to view or download the timecard report containing the submitted by and approved values.