Configure Service Fields on a Grid Timecard
Your Grid Timecard can be configured to allow users to enter time on multiple Line Types (Job, Service, and Mechanic). To do so, you will need to modify your Grid Layout to add the Service Management fields as well as the “Type” field.
- If you haven’t already, complete the configuration steps for the Grid Timecard, see Grid Timecard Settings.
- Select and filter to the company and payroll group you want to add the Mechanic card to.
- Add the SM fields (SM Co, SM Work Order, SM Cost Type, SM
Scope, and SM Pay Type) as well as the
“Type” field to the Row Groups of your Grid Layout.
The Type field will add a filter to the top of the page that allows users to
limit the fields on their Grid to only those assigned to that type. Users can
select “All Types” from this drop-down to see all timecard lines and fields but
fields not applicable to the line type on that line will appear grayed out and
- If you don’t want users to have to see or modify the SM
Company, you can hide this field in the PR Company and
Employee number are filled in on every SM Technician’s profile and the
New Line Behavior on the Grid Timecard Settings page is set to “Employee
Default”.Note: If this field does not populate, you may need to adjust the SM Company lookup, see Create an SM Company Lookup for full details.
- If you are only using one SM Cost Type, you can choose to hide this field by configuring portal setting Default SM Cost Type if not shown ( ).
- The portal will only show SM Pay Types that are marked as “Active” in Vista’s SM Pay Types and are linked to an earn code.
- If you don’t want users to have to see or modify the SM Company, you can hide this field in the PR Company and Employee number are filled in on every SM Technician’s profile and the New Line Behavior on the Grid Timecard Settings page is set to “Employee Default”.
- When users are entering time on a Service Management line they are limited to
only fields that are assigned to that Line type. To modify (add or remove)
fields from this Line type select the Advanced button on
the Grid Timecard Settings page ( ) and modify the Line Types drop-down for that field.Note: If you cannot enter a field on this line type in Vista do not enable it for your line type in the portal or users will not be able to save time.
- If your user has more than one Line Type (Job or Mechanic) also configured on their card, they will need to use the filter at the top of the page to access that timecard type. The default Line Type is determines by the Default Line Type setting on the Grid Timecard Settings page ( ). If you would like Service Management lines to be your default, changes this to Service.
- For additional settings specific to Service Management go to .After you have configured the SM Timecard be sure to test it by entering SM lines on the PR Company and Group you have configured with users who are set up as SM Technicians in Vista.