Standard Timecard Configuration
The Standard Timecard allows you to enable specific fields from PR Timecard Entry in the portal for users to enter time. This card is meant for individual and not bulk entry. You must be a Timecard Admin and a System Admin to complete these steps.
- For Portal Settings specific to the Standard Timecard, select . Select the setting name to see details on the setting before enabling / configuring.
The majority of the Timecard Configuration is
done on the Timecard Settings page. Only the Timecard Admin will have access to
this page. Perform the following steps to configure your timecards:
- Go to .
Select the Company and PR group you would
like to create a standard timecard for.
- If you are setting up multiple payroll groups, you can select Import Settings to copy your selections from one Payroll Group to another.
For fields you would like to show on your
timecard, change the visibility from “Hidden” to "Editable" or "Editable
- Large Dataset". The field will immediately move up the page.
- Change the visibility to Editable for fields that you would like users to have full access to modify.
- If you set Hours to Read Only, Usage Units are required on standard timecards that do not include Start and Stop times.
- For fields with a large lookup it may take
longer for the list of options to populate when users are making
entries. To prevent this, select Editable – Large
Dataset. Users will need to enter three
characters (numbers or letters) to begin a smaller list to
choose from.Note: If you are allowing users to enter Job Time and you do not want to show the Job Cost Company field, you will want to make sure that the Job Cost Company is entered on the PR Employee profile for each user.
- Use the arrows on the left to put the fields in the order you want them to appear. The fields will appear from left to right on the timecard.
- The Field Name column shows field names pulled directly from Vista. To modify a field name for portal users, select rename, and enter the new field name. For example, you can change PostDate to Date Worked.
In New Line Behavior
(not available for all fields), indicate how (or if) a field should
prefill when it is added to a grid timecard line by selecting one of the
- Blank: Leaves the field blank when it is added with a new timecard line.
- Previous Value: Populates the field from the entry on the previous timecard line. This can be helpful if users are likely to enter multiple lines with similar information.
Default: Populates the field with the default
assigned on the PR Employee record in Vista. This option applies
to the following fields only: Cert, Class, Craft, Crew,
EarnCode, EMCo, Equipment, JCCo, Job, PRDept, Shift, SMCo, and
TaxState. Note: The SMCo field (requires a lookup) pulls the default from the SM Technician record in Vista. For help setting up the SMCo lookup, see Create an SM Company Lookup.
By selecting Advanced you can make
additional modifications for your field.
Auto Select 1st When this setting is checked, the first item on the dropdown will be auto selected. Mobile Searchable Allows users to enter in text or numbers to narrow down a dropdown list on a mobile device or tablet. The default will just allow the user to scroll through the dropdown on a phone or mobile device. (Not part of the Mobile App). Required If a field is required, users will not be able to submit or save their timecard without this field being filled out. Width Allows you to manually adjust the width of a field by entering the number of pixels (150 is normal). Dependent Fields These are fields that will be affected if this field is changed (for example, equipment items change when a different equipment company is selected).
Note: If you modify this field by accident, you can select Reset Default on the Timecard Settings page.
- This field populates with Vista defaults. If you clear all dependencies from a field and save, defaults are added back in automatically.
- To remove all dependencies from a field, including defaults, enter "," in Dependent Fields, and save your changes.
Line Types If you are enabling more than one Line Type you may want to modify the line time a field will be available on. Each field will have a default. For more information on SM and Mechanic time see How to Configure a Service Card or How to Configure a Mechanic Card.
At the top of the Standard Timecard Settings page
there are several field you will need to modify:
Time Worked Enabled The Time Clock feature allows you to clock-in and out auto populating the Start/Stop grid on the Standard Timecard. If this is something you want to add to your card see Configure Time Worked for more details. Enforce Pay Period Boundaries Enable this setting if you would like to restrict users to only enter time for the days within the payperiod they have selected. Default Line Type on Load If you have enabled fields for an SM Card or a Mechanic card, a dropdown will appear at the top of the Standard Timecard, allowing users to flip from one Type of timecard to another. This setting allows you to set a default for your users in the payroll company and group selected. New Line Post Date Default
This setting allows you to set the new line behavior for the Post Date field.
- Auto Increment From begin Date: first line begins with the first date of the pay period, each new line is the next day until the last day of the pay period.
- Blank Value: Post Date field is blank on each new line, user must select a date for each line.
- Pay Period Begin Date: each new line is the first day of the pay period
- Pay Period End Date: each new line is the last day of the pay period
- Previous Value: each new line the Post Date is the same as the previous line.