Configure Mechanic Fields on a Standard Timecard
Your Standard Timecard can be configured to enter multiple line types (Job, Mechanic, and Service). To add a line type to your card you just need to add those fields to your timecard.
- Go to and filter to the PR Company and PR Group to enter your mechanic timecard lines on.
In order for users to be able to enter Mechanic time you must add Mechanic
fields to your timecard: EMCo, Equipment, Cost Code.
- If your users have EM Company filled in on their PR Employee record (Add’l Info tab) and your user will not be entering time on different EM Companies, you can hide this field.
- If you want to include Work Orders you will need to include WO and WO Item.
Note: If you are entering WO and WO Item, you can choose not to show Equipment and Cost Code in your portal as these will automatically default. If you do choose to show Equipment and Cost Code and want Equipment and Cost Code to default, you will need to follow the steps in these articles: Enable Auto Select Equipment for EM Work Order when Equipment is shown in Portal and Enable Auto Select Cost Codes for EM Work Order when Equipment is shown in Portal.
- If you want to include a component, you will need Component and Component Type.
When users are entering time on a Mechanic lines they are limited to only
fields that are assigned to the Mechanic Line type. To modify (add or remove)
fields from this Line time select the Advanced button on the Timecard
Settings page and modify the Line Types dropdown for that field.
Note: If you can’t enter a field on this line type in Vista, do not enable it for your line type in the portal or users will not be able to save time.
- If your user has more than one Line Type (Job or SM) also configured on their card, they will need to use the filter at the top of the page to access that timecard type. The default Line Type is determines by the Default Line Type On Load. If you would like Mechanic lines to be your default, changes this to Mechanic.