Configure Service Fields on a Standard Timecard
Your Standard Timecard can be configured to enter multiple line types (Job, Mechanic, and Service). To add a line type to your card you just need to add those fields to your timecard.
- Go to and filter to the PR Company and PR Group to enter your SM timecard lines.
In order for users to be able to enter Service Time, you need to add the SM
field to their card: SM Co, SM Work
Order, SM Cost Type, SM
Scope, and SM Pay Type.
- If you don’t want users to have to see or modify the SM Company
you can hide this field if the PR Company and Employee number are filled
in on every SM Technician’s profile and the New Line Behavior is set to
“Employee Default”. Note: If this field does not populate, you may need to adjust the SM Company lookup, seeCreate an SM Company Lookup for full details.
- If you are only using one SM Cost Type, you can choose to hide this field by configuring portal setting Default SM Cost Type if not shown .
- The portal will only show SM Pay Types that are marked as “Active” in Vista’s SM Pay Types and are linked to an earn code.
- If you don’t want users to have to see or modify the SM Company you can hide this field if the PR Company and Employee number are filled in on every SM Technician’s profile and the New Line Behavior is set to “Employee Default”.
When users are entering time on a Service lines they are limited to only fields
that are assigned to the Service Management Line type. To modify (add or remove)
fields from this Line type select the Advanced button on the Timecard Settings
page and modify the Line Types dropdown for that field.
Tip: If you can’t enter a field on this line type in Vista, do not enable it for your line type in the portal or users will not be able to save time.Note: If you are showing the Job field on an SM timecard it will auto-populate the Job associated with the SM Work Order after you select Save. The job field will be read only on SM Line Types.
- If your user has more than one Line Type (Job or Mechanic) also configured on their card, they will need to use the filter at the top of the page to access that timecard type. The default Line Type is determined by the Default Line Type On Load. If you would like Service Management lines to be your default, changes this to Service.
- For additional settings specific to Service Management go to .