Configure Career Path
The career path feature allows users to view jobs they might be able to progress to and the skills and training that those jobs require. You must have the HR module in Vista in order to use this feature.
- If you have not yet set up HR Position Codes in Vista, set them up now. Assign the appropriate Training and Skills to each position code, and assign the appropriate position codes to employees.
- Only users whose current positions are included in a career path will have the Career Path option available to them in HR Management ( ). If you want to configure only certain position codes for a career path, you can configure just those codes in Vista.
As the System Admin, select Training Class Admin role
to applicable users. See Assign Admin Roles for details.
, and assign the The Training Class Admin is the only user who can view the Manage Career Paths page where career paths are created and maintained.
- The PR company selected on the Admin Roles page determines which position codes the Training Class Admin can see on the Manage Career Paths page.
- Training Class Admins can also access the Training Class Dashboard. See Configure Training Classes for details.
- Select .
In HR Companies to include for Training Module, enter the HR
companies to apply training functions to in the system.
Separate multiple HR companies with a comma and no spaces (for example, 1,2,3).
As the Training Class Admin, select
- Select the HR company associated with this career path.
- Select +Add New Career Path.
- Enter the name for the Career Path (defines a set of positions), and select Add.
- To add position codes, select the Add Position button.
Add positions in the order of their
promotion sequence, with the lowest sequence number being the lower
position and the higher number being the higher position.
Note: If a position could lead to multiple career paths, add that position to those relevant career paths. Users can filter by career path on the Career Path page ( ).