Update the Vista Database with the Project Communications Database File
You need to update the Vista™ by Viewpoint database with the Project Communications Database file to be able to use Viewpoint Team.
Double-click the Vista_ProjectCommunicationsDB_x.x.x.x.exe file on your Vista database server to run the
database update wizard.
It may take a few minutes for the system to prepare the InstallShield Wizard.
- When the Vista Project Communication Database Server InstallShield Wizard appears, click Next.
On the Destination Folder window,
verify the location of your Viewpoint repository or click Change to modify the
location, and then click Next.
The Database Server window appears.
Configure the Database Server options as
- In the Database server that you are installing to field, enter the name of the server where the Viewpoint database is located or click Browse to locate the server.
- Under Connect
Using:, select the Server authentication using the Login
ID and password below option.
The system defaults to the sa login.Note: If you do not know the password for the sa account, and you are using a login with Windows authentication, select the Windows authentication credentials of current user option.
- In the Name of the database catalog field, leave the default of Viewpoint or click Browse to search for the database name if it is not Viewpoint, and then click Next.
In the Ready to Install window,
The system begins the installation and displays the Installing Vista Database Server upgrade window. The installation process may take several minutes to finish.
- From the VCS DBUpgrader dialog, in the Server field, confirm the name of the server that you are using to run the installation wizard. In some cases, you may need to enter a different server name (for example, when specifying a database server/instance name).
The wizard verifies the connection to your SQL Server.
In the Upgrade Type field, select
Note: In the Source Database field, leave the default setting.
In the Destination Database field,
select the database to update, and then click Update to start running the
The Progress field displays information while the update is running. The update process takes approximately five minutes.
- Once the update process is finished, click the Close button to close the confirmation message, and then click the Close button to close the VCS DBUpgrader window.
- In the InstallShield Wizard Completed window, click Finish.