Publish a Document to Viewpoint For Projects
From the Documents page in Team, you can publish a document to a document container in Viewpoint For Projects.
To take advantage of this feature, a Team user must be added to the Viewpoint For Projects enterprise to which any documents will be published. For details on managing users in Viewpoint For Projects, see the Manage User Accounts section of the Viewpoint For Projects Help.
In addition, the Viewpoint For Projects module must be enabled for your enterprise in Team. To verify, Enterprise Admins can open the Admin Center, go to , and check that VFP appears in the table and shows as Active. If it is not enabled, you can request it by submitting a case in the Customer Portal.
- From the home page, under Projects, select the name of
the project you want to open.Alternatively, go to the main menu in the upper left-hand corner, select Projects, and then select the name of the project you want to open.The Dashboard for the project appears.
- Select the Documents tab.
- Navigate to and select the desired folder, and then select the document you want to publish.Currently, you can only publish one document at a time.
- Click the Actions button , and then select Publish to Viewpoint For Projects.
- From the Publish to Viewpoint For Projects page, in the left-hand column, navigate to the Viewpoint For Projects document container where the document will be published.
- From the Enterprise drop-down menu, select the enterprise.
- From the folders on the left, select the Site (top-level), Project (second level), and Document Container (third level) to which the document will be published.
- In the Info section of the page on the right, enter the following details for the document. Note that each field is required.
- Name: Enter the file name you want to appear in Viewpoint For Projects.
- Description: Enter the description you want to appear in Viewpoint For Projects.
- Revision Ref: Enter the revision number you want to appear in Viewpoint For Projects.
- Revision Status: Select a status from the drop-down menu.
- Select Publish to publish the document to Viewpoint For Projects.A confirmation message appears, and then a notification appears to confirm that the file exported successfully.
- In Viewpoint For Projects, check the container that you selected and verify that the document appears as expected. You may need to refresh to see the file.