Mark up a Document or Drawing
From Viewpoint Team™, you can mark up a PDF document or drawing to add lines, shapes, arrows, images, or notes by going to .
- From the home page, under Projects, select the name of
the project you want to open.Alternatively, go to the main menu in the upper left-hand corner, select Projects, and then select the name of the project you want to open.The Dashboard for the project appears.
Click the Documents or Drawings
tab, and then navigate to and click on the document or drawing you want to
The document or drawing opens in your browser.
From the viewer toolbar, select a markup tool and
add your markup as described below.
Icon Option Pan and select tools.
- Click to enable pan and zoom functionality when you click and drag the mouse or scroll within a drawing.
- Click to enable select mode. You can select any markup to change the style, move it within the document, add a note, or delete it.
Line Tools: Hover to select a line or arrow. Click and drag to add a line or arrow to your document.Free hand: Click and drag to add a free hand line.
Arrow: Click and drag to add an arrow.
Callout: Click and drag to add an arrow. Insert your text within the text window.
Cloud tools: hover to select a polygon or rectangle.
Polygon cloud: click and drag to add each side of the polygon, and then double-click to complete the shape.
Rectangle cloud: click and drag to add a rectangle shape.
Shape tools: hover to select a circle, polygon, or square. Click and drag to add the shape (Drawings Only) Linking - Select from one of the following choices:
For details, see Relate a Drawing Markup to a Work Item.
Free text. Click and drag to add a text box to your document or drawing. Stamp tool: when selected, click in your document or drawing, and then navigate to an image that you want to insert as a stamp.
You can also use the following stamp tools to add your user name or the current date as a markup.
- : Click to add your user name. Once added, you can select the text and change the style or text.
- : Click to add the current date. Once added, you can select the text and change the style or text.
Signature tool: Click to add a signature.
From the Signature dialog box, you can Draw, Type, or Upload a Signature.
Once you have added it, select Create.
Select Save Signature to save the signature. Once saved, the next time you click the signature tool, you can click Add a Signature to add the saved signature.
- : Drag a straight line to measure the distance between two points.
- : Click and Drag to create a shape. The area is measured within the shape you have created.
- : Click and drag to map out the perimeter of an item.
Click to open measurement settings.
In the Snapping Options section, you can select the elements to which the measurement tool will snap.
From the Distance Draw Mode menu, you can select either Point then drag to use the click and drag method for measuring or Two point if you want to make the measurement by selecting one point and then selecting a second point.
Select annotation style. Click to select a color and style for your markup.
For any markup you can move it within the
document, add a note, or delete it. For drawing markups, you can also add a link
to an existing work item in the same project.
- Select the Select button to enable select mode, and then click the markup you wish to modify or delete.
Select the button for the desired option
or move the markup as needed.
Note the following:
- Selecting the Unlink button unlinks any work item (RFI, Issue, or Submittal) from the markup.
- Selecting the Delete button deletes the markup from the pdf.
- When you're finished adding markups, click the Save button to save your changes.