Create a Related Record
As the responsible party of an existing Submittal, RFI, Issue, or Form, you can select Create Related Record to create a new work item to relate to an existing one.
- From the home page, under Projects, select the name of
the project you want to open.Alternatively, go to the main menu in the upper left-hand corner, select Projects, and then select the name of the project you want to open.The Dashboard for the project appears.
- Click the tab for the work item type (Submittal, RFI, Issue, Form).
- Click the number for the work item you want to
work with.Note: The number appears in blue text and becomes underlined when you mouse over it.The page for that work item appears.
- Click the Related button .
- Select Create Related Record.The Create Related Record window appears.
- In the Record Type field, select the type for the new work item.
(Optional) Select the Copy Latest Attachments for New
Record check box to copy your attachments.
Note: Attachments are not enabled for Forms.
- Click Continue.The new work item window opens.
Fill out the required and optional fields as
- For Submittal fields, see Submittal Fields for details.
- For RFI fields, see RFI Fields for details.
- For Issue fields, see Issue Fields for details.
- For Forms, select the Category and Template .
Depending on the work item type, do one of the
If you want to remove a related record at any time, click the Remove button to the right of the record you want to unlink.
- For a submittal, click Save to save it as a
draft.Note: You can edit the submittal to attach files, add comments, and review the submittal before issuing it. Click Issue to issue the Submittal.
- For an RFI, click Save As Draft to
save.Note: You can edit the RFI to attach files, add comments, and review the RFI before assigning it. Click Send to send the RFI.
- For an issue, click Create to create an issue.
- For a form, select Save to create a Form.
- For a submittal, click Save to save it as a draft.