Add an RFI
You can add an RFI to create a draft of an RFI and start the RFI process by going to. You can also send the RFI immediately.
- From the home page, under Projects, select the name of
the project you want to open.Alternatively, go to the main menu in the upper left-hand corner, select Projects, and then select the name of the project you want to open.The Dashboard for the project appears.
- Click the RFIs tab.
- Click the Add button
.The New Request for Information window appears.
(Required) In the RFI Type field, select the RFI type
from the list to be able to sort and filter by type later.
Depending on the project settings, the To field may be filled in automatically based on the RFI type.
(Required) In the RFI Number field, enter a unique
identifier for the RFI.
Depending on the project settings, the RFI number may generate automatically when you save or send.
- (Required) In the Subject field, enter the subject for the RFI, up to 60 characters.
- In the Question field, enter the question you want answered by this RFI.
- (Optional) Click Add attachment to attach one
or more files to the RFI.
- Browse to the files you want to attach and select them.
- Click Open.
- (Optional) Click Show More to see and modify all fields
on the RFI.See RFI Fields for details about the all the RFI fields. The fields available to you on an RFI depend on your permission type on the project.
Select the Create Another check box to create another
RFI after you save the current one.
If you select this check box, when you click Save, the current RFI is saved and the New Request for Information window remains open. Modify the field to create an RFI with similar information or click Clear All to enter a new RFI from scratch.
- Click Save.
Note: Click Send to send the RFI immediately.