Issue a Submittal
You can issue a submittal to send it to the person who will supply the materials or perform the work outlined in the submittal and start the review process for it by going to. This is the first step in the submittal process.
- From the home page, under Projects, select the name of
the project you want to open.Alternatively, go to the main menu in the upper left-hand corner, select Projects, and then select the name of the project you want to open.The Dashboard for the project appears.
- Click the Submittals tab.
- Click on the submittal number for the submittal
you want to work with.Note: The submittal number appears in blue text and becomes underlined when you mouse over it.The Submittal page appears.
Click the Issue button.
The Issue window appears.
(Required) In the Submitter field, select the person who
needs to complete the submittal if the person isn't already selected.
The submitter is usually the supplier or subcontractor who will provide the materials or perform the work specified in the submittal.Note: To filter the list of contacts:
- Enter the first few letters of the contact's name.
- Click Team Contacts to filter the list to contacts in your enterprise.
- Click PM Firm/Spectrum Contacts to filter the list to just contacts from your ERP system.
To add a Team user (someone who has a Team user account), enter the full email address associated with that user. Note this is not required if your enterprise is configured to limit contacts to Vista PM firms.To add a new contact, click New Contact.
In the CC field, enter any additional people whom you
want to see the submittal.
These contacts can:
- View the submittal
- Receive notifications
- Add comments
- In the Comment field, enter any notes or comments for the submitter.
- (Optional) Click Add attachment to attach one
or more files to the submittal.
- Browse to the files you want to attach and select them.
- Click Open.
- Click Send.