Edit a Distribution Group
You can edit a distribution group to add more users, remove users, rename the group, as well as change or clear the primary contact.
- From the home page, under Projects, select the name of
the project you want to open.Alternatively, go to the main menu in the upper left-hand corner, select Projects, and then select the name of the project you want to open.The Dashboard for the project appears.
- From the upper right-hand corner of the page, click the settings icon , and then select Project Settings.
Click the Distribution Groups
The Distribution Groups page appears.
- From the list of distribution groups on the left-hand side of the page, select the distribution group you want to modify.
(Optional) Add users to a group.
- Click the Add User icon to open the Add Users to Group dialog.
In the Group Members field,
for each contact you want to add, enter the first few letters of the
name, organization, or email address, or use the search tool to locate the contact. Click to add
Note:When you have added all members of the distribution group, click Save.
You can add one group as a member of another group. In the search field, groups are indicated with the group icon . Note that contacts included in more than one group assigned to a work item will not receive any additional notifications from Team as a result of being in nested groups.
(Optional) Remove users from a group.
To remove an individual group member, in the Actions column, select the More button for that contact and select Remove from Group.
- Select the users you want to remove.
- Click the More button and select Remove Selected Users.
(Optional) Rename a group.
- Click the More button and select Rename Group.
- From the Rename Group dialog, enter the new name of the group, and then click Save.
(Optional) Change the primary contact.
- Select the primary contact in the group, click the More button , and select Change Primary Contact.
- Click the More button and select Change Primary Contact.
From the Choose Primary Contact dialog, in the
field, enter the first few letters of the name, organization, or email
address, or use the search tool to locate the
contact you wish to be the primary contact.
Click to add the contact, and then click Save.
- (Optional) To clear the primary contact, click the More button , and then select Clear Primary Contact.
- If a contact has been removed from a distribution group, they no longer receive project notifications and no longer have access to work items if they are not otherwise associated with the project.
- If a contact has been added to the distribution list, the contact
automatically begins receiving notifications for work items associated with a
project.Note: If you add a contact to a group that has already been in use, Team will send that contact group notifications for changes that occur from that point on but will not send that contact any of the notifications that were already sent prior to the contact being added.