Allow Users to Edit Their SMS Settings
Users may edit SMS settings through Personal Info or Paperless Consent settings.
To allow users to edit SMS settings in
Ensure that the following three required
fields have been added to Personal Info from the Request Settings page
- Select , and ensure that users have access to Personal Info where they can update cell phone and email fields
- Ensure that the following three required fields have been added to Personal Info from the Request Settings page ( ):
To allow users to edit SMS settings via paperless settings:
Note: Users can update paperless settings from the pop-up they see the first time they log in to the portal, or from the navigation bar by selecting Manage Paperless Setting from the drop-down under their name. However, you must enable paperless consent as described in the following steps. Users do not need access to Personal Info to update SMS information through paperless settings.
- Select .
Enable the following two settings:
Important: DO NOT enable these settings until you have tested the udCellPhoneCarrier field to confirm that it works. See Configure SMS Messages for details.
- Users must confirm cell phone, carrier, and email address on login
- Show Carrier on the Paperless Audit Prompt
- To require users to complete paperless settings, enable the portal setting Require cell phone, carrier, and email fields during paperless consent.
- Changes to paperless consent portal settings are subject to approval in Personal Info. To turn off the approval requirement, select udCellPhoneCarrier field, change the Approval Workflow to Field Validation Only. , and for the