Create Field Service Form Templates
Define and manage the form templates used in Field Service.
- Select .
Select New Template.
Note: To edit an existing template, select that template from the list shown on the Field Service Form Templates page. A new page opens where you can modify template information.
Enter a Template Name, and select
Note: To edit the template name, select rename in the template header.
If you want to limit access to this template to a
specific group of technicians, select the appropriate Employee Group.
To allow all technicians to access this form, select No User Group.
Use Report RDL to create a custom SSRS report specifically for this
The custom report overrides the SSRS report from the portal. See Adjust Module-Specific SSRS Reports for details.
- Select Edit Header Text to create header text to display at the top of the form.
To set requirements or rules for a form, such as
assigning it to a specific service site or call type, or setting a form as
required, select the Default
The Set Default Assignments window opens.
- In the Assignment Type drop-down, choose an option: Service Site, Call Type, or Service Item Class.
- Select an Assignment Value that corresponds to the Assignment Type. For example, if the Assignment Type is Service Site, the Assignment Value drop-down shows a list of site locations. You can also select All to assign all forms to an Assignment Type.
- To require that technicians complete the form before closing a trip that fits the given assignment criteria, select the Required check box. Required forms display with a red asterisk in the Add Form drop-down on a scope.
- Select the Add button to assign the new rule to the form.
- When you are finished, select Close to return to the form setup page.
To set up a workflow for this form, select the Workflow
When a trip is completed, forms will be routed and shared according to your workflow selections.
- In the SM Form Workflow pop-up, select Enable Workflow For This Template.
Choose the reviewers who should receive an email when the technician
submits the form. Options include:
- Route to reviewer on the Work Order.
- Route to the reviewer on the Service Center.
- Exclude from trip close out (excludes trip from trip closeout package but saves the record in Vista).
- User Group to Route To (emails employees in the selected user group when forms are submitted).
To add sections to your template, enter a name for
that section in the New Item
Group box, and select Add New Item Group.
For details on Item Group fields, see Field Service Form Templates: Item Group Fields.
- Click the group name to expand it, and then add or edit fields as needed.
- To delete an item group at any time, select the red trash can icon in the section header.