Close a Trip in Field Service
When you close trip in Field Service, you can select to schedule a return trip and obtain a customer signature for work completed.
- Open a Field Service work order ().
- Review work order information and scopes to ensure that all details are complete.
- At the bottom of the work order details page, select
Trip.The Work Order - Trip Completion Wizard opens.
- Select trip completion options including whether to Hide Attachments During Completion or Include Photo Thumbnails During Review.
- If enabled, you can select to Collect Payment
Onsite.You will enter a payment reference number from a third-party payment system of your choice on the next page.Note: The Collect Payment Onsite check box displays only if the portal setting Enable Payment Collection Option during Trip Close-Out is enabled.
- If return trip options display, you can select
required if additional work remains for this trip:
- Select a reason code for the return trip.
- If required, enter notes to provide more
details about the work completed, issues, or remaining work.Note: Reason codes and notes are saved to the Trips tab of the work order in Vista.
- Under Completed Scopes for Customer Signature, select
the check box for each scope completed during the service call.
- You must complete at least one scope in order to close the trip.
- Completing a scope in Field Service does not close the scope in Vista.
- Select Continue.
- If you are collecting a payment, the Payment Collection section opens on the scope. Enter the Payment Reference Number from the third-party payment system that you are using.
- In the Signature section, select the
name of the signer, add a new contact, or choose No Signer. If the signer is
present, ask for a signature in the Signature box.Note: Work order information that is visible to the customer is based on Field Service configuration settings.
- The signature box displays the default signature block set up in Field Service portal settings.
- The Signed off by drop-down lists all SM site contacts in Vista if the work order has a site. If not, the contacts listed for the customer are shown. Users can also choose to add a new contact for signature.
- Select Complete and choose email
recipients for the trip closeout notification. You can also add email
If you would like to disable email confirmations for certain SM Companies, list them in portal setting Do not send email confirmation when completing trips.Note: Default email recipients may display if they have been set up for SM Customer contacts or SM Service Site contacts in Vista. Default recipients may not be edited or removed.
- Select Complete again to
close the trip. Completing a trip does the following:
- Creates a new contact for any new signers at the site or customer level.
- Converts the completed work order to a PDF, which is emailed to all signers who provided email addresses and saved to the Attachments tab of the work order in Vista.
- Attachments included in the trip closeout email are displayed on the SM
- Records the completed work order, with the PDF attachment, in the portal's Mail Log.