About Setting Up Default Reviewers for Unapproved Invoices
Creating and assigning reviewers is the central required element in the unapproved invoice process.
In order for the review process to function, you must assign at least one reviewer to each line on each invoice that is being reviewed.
The most efficient way to assign reviewers to invoices is by setting up default assignments in various locations so that reviewers default onto the line automatically. While you can add reviewers to lines (or edit) manually during invoice entry, the system is designed so that the vast majority of reviewers are assigned automatically.
Before proceeding, you must set up the necessary reviewers and groups in the HQ Reviewers and HQ Reviewer Group forms. Each reviewer's status in the HQ Reviewers form must be set to Active.
Default Reviewer Groups/Reviewers to the Invoice Header
There is no recommended way to default reviewer groups to the invoice header in the AP Unapproved Invoice form. You can manually add a group to the Reviewer Group field in the header, which will cause the group's reviewers to appear on the Reviewers tab on the header and subsequently to the Reviewers tab on every line in the unapproved invoice.
Assigning reviewers to the header causes the same reviewers to subsequently appear on the Reviewers tab of each line. You can get reviewers to default onto the header in three ways:
- Manually add them in the Reviewers tab.
- Enter a value in the Reviewer Group field in the header; the group's reviewers will then default to the header Reviewers tab (except reviewers with thresholds assigned).
- Prior to invoice entry, in the AP Vendors form, enter a value in the Reviewer field (Add'l Info tab); the reviewer will then default to the header Reviewers tab for invoices to that vendor.
Default Reviewers Groups/Reviewers to the Invoice Line
Defaulting reviewer groups to the line causes the reviewers from the group to appear on the Reviewers tab for that specific line. You can do this by assigning a reviewer group in the following locations:
- GL Chart of Accounts form, Info tab, Reviewer Group field
- EM Departments form, Info tab, Invoice Reviewer Group field
- IN Locations form, Info tab, Invoice Reviewer Group field
- JC Jobs form, Info tab, Reviewer Groups section, Invoices field
- PM Projects form, Info tab, Reviewer Groups section, Invoice field Note: Reviewer groups in the header do not default to the Reviewer Group field on the line(s) but the reviewers listed in the header group Reviewer tab still default on the Reviewers tab for each line.
Defaulting reviewers to the line saves you the effort of doing it manually. You can cause active reviewers to default automatically to the Reviewers tab on the invoice line from multiple sources:
- Any reviewer(s) in the Reviewers tab in the header
- Threshold reviewers from the reviewer group in the header whose threshold has been met on the line (or on the header, depending on the setting)
- The reviewer group on the line
- Any of these locations, if set up prior to invoice entry:
- EM Departments form, Info tab, Invoice Reviewer field
- IN Locations form, Info tab, Invoice Reviewer field
- JC Jobs form, Reviewers tab
- PM Projects form, Reviewers tab
- SM Work Orders
- SM Service Sites
- SM Customers
- SM Departments
- SM Service Centers
There are a few things to remember about reviewer and reviewer group defaults:
- You cannot assign a reviewer to any line more than once.
- There may be multiple reasons to justify a single reviewer's presence on an invoice line. For that reason, if you change any fields (group, job, etc.) on the invoice that may prompt removal of a reviewer, the system will check for other reasons to justify retaining them. If any are found, the reviewer will remain assigned to the invoice line.
- Reviewers that appear on invoice lines by default do not supplant or remove any reviewers already on the line.
- The only way to remove reviewers is manually or by changing the reason they defaulted onto the line.