Generate the EFT File
To pay a vendor via EFT, you must generate the EFT file and then transmit the data file to your bank.
- United States - Automated Clearing House (ACH)Note: Vista also adheres to the International ACH Transactions (IAT) format for paying international vendors. See Setting up Vendors for International Electronic Payments for more information.
EFT file features include the use of CCD (Cash Concentration or Disbursement) and CTX (Corporate Text Exchange) standard entry class codes to ensure NACHA (National Automated Clearing House Association) compliance.
- Australia - Australian Payments Clearing Association (APCA)
- Canada - Canadian Payments Association (CPA)
- In the AP Payment Posting form, select .
The AP EFT Download form appears.
- In the CM Account, CM Reference #, and Effective Date fields, enter the correct information.
- (Optional) In each of the Description and Download Filename fields, press F1 to view important information about changing the default entries.
- (Australia only) In the File Creation Number field, enter a number that uniquely identifies this file for the bank.
- Click Initialize.The system updates the records in the batch with the information you specified and provides an opportunity to preview a report of the information downloaded to the data file.Note: If you click No, you will not have another chance to view the download unless you cancel and start over with the file creation process.
- Click Download.One of two things occurs:
Note: If you close the AP EFT Download form before clicking Download (for example, changes need to be made to a transaction), you must reload the transactions. To do this, select the Overwrite Existing CM Reference# and Seq# check box, click Initialize again, and proceed as described above.
- If you are not using the Secure File Path feature, the Save Export File As window displays and you must choose a location to save the file. You can opt to change the default filename.
- If you are using the Secure File Path function, no Save As window appears as Vista saves your file directly to the location specified in the AP Company Parameters form.