Create a Partial Payment
You can create a partial payment for an invoice (in the AP Payment Control Detail form) when you need to split payments or when you need separate checks to pay the vendor and vendor/supplier.
A partial payment is implemented by splitting the transaction into two sequence numbers. You can create partial payments for either the entire transaction, or at the line/sequence level.A partial payment is implemented by splitting the transaction into two sequence numbers. You can create a partial payment for either the entire transaction or on a line/sequence basis.
Transactions that have retainage applied are automatically split into two sequences, one for the current amount, and one for the retainage portion, which is placed on hold. If you split a transaction that has retainage, a third sequence is created, which can also be placed on hold (non-retainage holds only).
To create a partial payments.
- From the main menu, select .
- In the AP Payment Workfile form, select the transaction from the grid for creating a partial payment.
- Select .The AP Payment Control Detail form displays.
- Select the Partial Payments tab.
- In the Partial Payments
section, select the appropriate radio button.
- Entire Transaction
- Select Line and Sequence
- If you selected the Select Line and Sequence option, enter a line number and sequence number in the Line# and Seq# fields, respectively.
- In the Amount field, enter the
partial payment amount.The system enables the rest of the fields on the form.
- If the partial payment is to be paid by a two-party check, enter the second party in the Supplier field.
- If you want to place the
remaining amount on hold:
- Select the Put the original on hold
check box.The system enables the Hold Code field.
- In the Hold
Code field, enter a non-retainage hold code. Press F4 to select from a list.Note: You can only enter non-retainage hold codes in this field; you cannot place a retainage hold on transactions/lines using this form.
- Select the Put the original on hold check box.
- If you want discount
amounts distributed equally between the
sequence numbers for the split transaction:
- Select the Distribute Discounts check box.
- Select the Distribute Tax check box to distribute the tax amount .
- Click Update.