Assess Finance Charges to a Single Customer
You can calculate and assess finance charges to a select customer.
- Enter enter New, N, or + in the Seq # field to start a new sequence.
- Enter the customer number in the Customer field. Press F4 to select from a list of valid customers. The header field values populate automatically.
- Click the chevron button to save the record and proceed to the detail section of the form. If you are entering line detail for an invoice with a Receivable finance charge type or you want to have the system calculate the finance charge automatically for the line, use the following sub-steps:
- (Optional) Enter dates in the DueDateCutoff and PaidDateCutOff fields. The difference between the due date cutoff and the paid date cutoff represents a grace period for customer to pay any overdue balance. For more information, refer to the F1 help.
- Click Create FC Detail. The system generates a new line and defaults the finance charge in the Amount field automatically.
- Click the chevron button to save the line detail record. At this point you are complete and do not need to follow the remaining steps.
- In the AR Line field, enter New, N, or +.The Description and GL FC Acct field values populate automatically.
- (Optional) Click Calculate FC Charges to see how the system would calculate the finance charge.
- In the Amount field, enter the finance charge amount. Use the system’s calculation or your own.
- Click the chevron button to save the line detail record. Invoices with an "Account" finance charge type can only have one line item.