About Overriding Cost Projections
You can override cost projections for a job using the Cost tab in JC Override Projections.
The Previous Override Projection column tracks the override projection amount entered in the previous month. This is the amount that is copied when using the option (see below). The Current Detail Forecast and Current Detail Projection columns are the sum of the ForecastCost and ProjCost columns (for all phases/cost types) in the Costs by Period table (JCCP). The Original Est Cost and Current Est Cost columns are the sums of the OrigEstCost and CurrentEstCost columns in the Costs by Period table (JCCP), respectively, by JC company, job, and month.
Values displayed in the Future CO Amt and Included CO Amt columns depend on the how you have set the Include in Projections checkbox for the PCO’s document type (in PM Document Types) and the Projections Option for the PCO’s status code (in PM Status IDs).
- If the Include in Projections option is unchecked for the PCO’s document type, change order amounts will not be included in either the Future CO Amt or Included CO Amt columns, regardless of the Projections Optiondefined for the PCO’s status code.
- If the Include in Projections option is checked and the status code’s Projections Option is:
- None, change order amounts will be excluded from the Future CO Amt and Included CO Amt columns.
- Display in Projections, change order amounts will be included in the Future CO Amt column, but excluded from the Included CO Amt column.
- Display & Calculate in Projections, change order amounts will be included in the Future CO Amt and Included CO Amt columns.
If you typically review jobs by project manager, clicking on the Project Manager column will allow you sort cost records by project manager for faster entry.