Add Multiple Contracts to a Contract Close Batch
You can add multiple contracts to a contract close batch using the JC Contract Initialize form.
- From the JC Contract Close form, select . The JC Contract Close Initialize form will display.
- Select an option in the Initialize By section.
- Contract Range – Use this option to initialize a range of contracts. The initialization process will pull all contracts within the specified range having a status of 1 (Open) or 2 (Soft Close) and add them to the close batch.
- As of Close Month –
Use this option to select contracts based on the close month (JC
Contracts Info tabMonth Closed field).
All contracts with a close month that is equal or less than the selected
close month will be added to the batch. Only contracts with an open or
soft close status, and a contract start month (JC Contracts Info
tabContract Start Month
field) is equal to or less than the batch month. Note: If performing a Hard Close, initialization will include contracts with a 'soft close' status. Contracts with a 'hard close' status will be skipped, regardless of whether performing a soft or hard close.
- Use the Close Date field to enter the actual close date of the selected contracts.
Date field shortcuts
T or t Set the date to the current date. MMDD
Four digit month and day
Enter a four digit month and date (MMDD) and the system will automatically add the current year. + The system will automatically set the date to tomorrow. +5 The system will automatically set the date to 5 days in the future.
You can enter any value after the +, for example you can enter +7 to set the date to next week.
- The system will automatically set the date to the previous day. -5 The system will automatically set the date to 5 days in the past.
Just like with +, you can enter any value after the -, for example you can enter -7 to set the date to the previous week.
- Select the Status that will be assigned
to the selected contracts.
- The status for selected contract is set to Soft Close.
- If you allow posting to closed jobs (i.e. Allow Posting to Closed Jobs option is checked in JC Company Parameters), any costs posted to the contract/job will update the open accounts specified in the Department file. If the Allow Posting to Closed Jobs option is unchecked, no posting to the contract/job is allowed.
- The status may be changed (in JC Contracts) to Open
only. If you need to Final Close the contract, it must be done using
- The status for selected contract(s) is set to Final Close.
- If you allow posting to closed jobs, costs posted to the contract/job will update the closed accounts specified in the Department file. If you do not allow posting to closed jobs, posting to the contract/job cannot occur.
- If the GL Close Interface (JC Company Parameters) is set to Summary or Detail, all existing detail will be moved from the open accounts to the closed accounts.
- If you allow closing a job including any purchase orders or subcontracts that have not been interfaced (JC Company Parameters > Info tab > Close Purchase Orders when Job Hard-Closed and Close Subcontracts when Job Hard-Closed check boxes), the system will ask you to confirm closure of the subcontracts or purchase orders before hard-closing the job. Open purchase orders and open subcontracts are listed on the JC Contract Close form's Open PO's and Open SL's tabs, respectively.
- If the GL Close Interface (JC Company Parameters) is set to Summary or Detail, the status can only be changed to Soft Close or Open (in JC Contracts) if no cost or revenue detail exists for the contract.
- Click the Initialize button when complete. Contracts that meet the selected criteria are added to the JC Contract Close form. You can also remove any contracts that were accidentally included.
- Click here for information about processing the JC Contract Close batch.