Create and send an automated response form by copying a document template
You can create and send automated response forms in the PreConstruction module by copying an existing document template from the PM module.
- (Optional) - Install the Outlook Add-In onto your workstation. The Outlook Add-In will automatically process incoming emails that contain automated response forms and update the application. If you do not use the Outlook Add-In, you will have to drag and drop the incoming emails onto forms in the application to update the system with the responses. Click here for more information on the Outlook Add-In.
- For vendors to respond using the automated response form, they must have the
- A recent version of Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat installed on their workstation - for example Adobe Reader X, which can be downloaded for free at: http://www.adobe.com/products/reader.html.
- Open PM Create & Send Templates .
- Select PM Copy Document Template . . This will open
- Press F4 in the Template field in the Source Template section and select the ITB template that you would like to copy.
- Enter a name of the new automated response template in the Template field in the Destination Template section. For example, ITB_Auto-Response.
- Use the Location field to select where the template should be saved and click the Copy button.
- Open the automated response template that you just created in PM Create & Send Templates .
- Open the Info tab and check the Automated Response box.
- Click the Save icon
- To send, open the PC Bid Package or PC Potential Projects form, click the Create and Send icon at the top of the form, and click Select a Template.
- Select the appropriate template to open the PC Create and Send form. Select the correct vendors and click Send.
- When the vendor returns the form, and you have the Outlook Add-in installed, the system will automatically process the response and post it to the correct form. Alternately, you can drag and drop the response directly onto the appropriate form.