Create a Potential Bidders List
The following steps guide you through the process of creating a potential bidders list.
- Open PC Select Bidders. You can access this form in two ways:
- Select the bid package you would like to add the potential bidders to using the Bid Package field. A bid package will already be selected if you accessed the form from PC Bid Package.
Enter the search
criteria into the Search Criteria section.
The following fields on the form will populate with default values from both the potential project and the bid package. Change these values if they do not apply.
Scope and Phase will populate from the bid package
M/WBE from the M/WBE tab on PC Potential Project
Country, State, and Region from the Site Location section on the Info tab of PC Potential Project
Project Type from the Details section on the Info tab of PC Potential Project
Tip: The Scope, Phase, and M/WBE field will populate with the word "Multiple" if there is more than one scope, phase, or M/WBE certificate on the bid package or potential project. If the Scope, Phase, and M/WBE fields all display "Multiple" but you only want to use the M/WBE field, click the Clear button to delete all of the search criteria and then type "Multiple" into the M/WBE field. This will filter the vendors that display in the search results by the M/WBE certificates on the potential project.
- Click Search when complete. The Search Results grid will populate with the vendors that meet the search criteria.
- Click the Search Criteria section label to collapse the Search Criteria section. This allows you to view more search results.
Highlight the vendors in
the search results that you want to add to the bid list.
Tip: Use SHIFT to highlight a consecutive list of vendors or CTRL to highlight specific vendors.
- Click Add once you have highlighted the vendors. The selected vendors will be added to the Add to Bid List grid. You can also click Add All to add all vendors in the Search Results grid to the bid list.
A message box will
appear if the scopes/phases set up on the bid package are not associated with
There are two messages that can appear:
If there are no scopes and phases on the vendor record, you can add the vendor to the bid list and they will display on the Bid Coverage tab of PC Potential Project.
If there are scopes and phases on the vendor record but none of them match a scope/phase on the bid package, you can add the vendor to the bid list but they will not display on the Bid Coverage tab in PC Potential Project. If you want the vendor to display on the Bid Coverage tab, you will have to add one of the scopes/phases on the bid package to the vendor record.
Note: Scopes and phases are added to a vendor record using the Scope/Phase tab of PC Pre-Qualification Info .
To add additional
vendors to the list using a different search criteria, click the Clear button in the Search Criteria section and then repeat the
above steps to add more vendors to the Add to Bid List section. After clicking
Clear , you can also click the Default button, which will restore the default values pulled
from the potential project and bid package back into the Search Criteria
Note: To remove vendors from the bid list, highlight the desired vendor in the Add to Bid List section and click Remove. You can also use CTRL, or SHIFT to select multiple vendors at the same time, or you can click Remove All to remove all vendors from the list.
- Click Update Bid List when the Add to Bid List section contains all of the vendors you would like to add to the bid list. This will update the Bid List tab on PC Bid Package and the Bid Coverage tab on PC Potential Project.
- Click Close to close the window.