Add Purchase Orders to an AP Transaction Batch
You can add purchase orders to an AP transaction batch using the PO initialization feature.
- Open either the AP Transaction Entry or AP Unapproved Invoice Entry form.
- Select .The AP Purchase Order Initialize form displays. All purchase orders associated with the vendor specified in the Vendor field in the entry form display in the grids (Purchase Order and Receiver # tabs).
- If you are on the
Purchase Order tab and wish to filter the results in the grid, enter a number in
the PO field and click Apply Filter. If you are on
the Receiver # tab, enter a number in either the Receiver# or PO# field, or both, and click
Apply Filter.Note: The filtering feature works by matching the numbers you enter into the filter field against either the purchase order or receiver number in numerical sequence. For example, if you enter 1 into the PO field, the system will display all purchase orders beginning with the number 1. If you enter 100 into the PO field, the system will display all purchase orders beginning with the number 100, and so on.The system displays the purchase orders meeting the filter criteria in the applicable grid.
- Select the purchase
orders you would like to add to the AP batch. To select a purchase order,
select/highlight it in the grid. Tip: You can select multiple purchase orders in two ways.
- To select several purchase orders in succession, click on the first purchase order and then shift-click the last purchase order you want to add.
- To select multiple purchase orders not in succession, click on the first line you want to select and control-click to select all subsequent purchase orders to add.
- Click Initialize.
- Even when the Receiving check box is selected, if the item/line has not been received (partially or fully) in the PO Receipts Entry or PO Initialized Receipts form, the purchase order is not added to the transaction batch.
- If the item/line has been received, but the Received amount is not equal to the Previous Invoiced amount, a grid item is added for the difference. If the Receiving check box is not selected, a grid item is added for the Backordered amount if it is not 0.00.