Secure EFT Data Files
You can secure the data files created when generating and sending EFT information to financial institutions.
You have the option to secure the data file that Vista creates during this process so that the user generating the data file cannot open or view them. Instead of presenting the user with a Save As window at the moment they generate the file, Vista channels the files to your predetermined location.
- Depending on whether you are sending AP or PR EFT files, do one of the following:
- AP EFT: Open the AP Company Parameters form, Payment Reports tab
- PR EFT: Open the PR Company Parameters form, Report Info tab
- Select the Use Secure File Path check box.
The system enables the Secure File Path field.
- Click Browse to navigate to and select your chosen location.
Your chosen file path appears in the field.
- Click Save.
Vista sends your EFT data files to the chosen location. For AP EFTs, this includes data files created in AP EFT Download and AP EFT Prenote Download. For PR EFTS, this means data files created using the PR EFT Payments form.