About Placing Invoices/Transactions on Hold
You can place invoices/transactions on hold to prevent them from being paid until you release the hold.
You can use hold codes to prevent certain invoices and/or vendors from being paid until you release payment. Hold codes are defined in the HQ Hold Codes form and you must set up at least one code to be used for retainage, but you can set up multiple codes to differentiate several reasons for holds. You can also assign multiple hold codes to vendors and transactions.
Non-retainage holds may be placed on invoices/transactions in many forms:
- At the time of entry in AP Transaction Entry, AP Recurring Invoices, SL Worksheets, and/or AP Unapproved Invoice Entry;
- Using the Hold/Release tab of AP Payment Control Detail (accessed from within AP Payment Workfile);
- In AP Hold and Release;
- For subcontracts in the SL module (SL Subcontract Entry and SL Worksheet);
- For purchase orders in the PO module (PO Purchase Order Entry); and
- By vendor in AP Vendor Hold Codes.