Add Invoices to a Batch Using AP Payment Workfile
You can add invoices in a payment workfile to a payment batch for posting.
- In the AP Payment Workfile form, select a transaction to add to the batch.
- Release non-retainage hold codes as needed. For more information, see Release Hold Codes in AP Payment Workfile.
- If you want to generate a separate payment for this transaction, select the
Separate Pay check box. If you do not select this check box, the system
groups all transactions for the vendor into one payment.Note: If there are multiple invoices with a payment method of S-Credit Service for the same vendor, the system will group all of these credit service invoices into a single payment sequence, regardless of how you set this check box.
- If you are ready to pay the transaction, select the Pay check box.
This step may be unnecessary if you selected the Initialize to be Paid
check box when you first added transactions to the workfile. When you select this check box, the system automatically selects the Pay check box for each associated line item. If there's a specific line item you do not want to make a payment for, clear its Pay check box.Note: If there are hold codes associated with this transaction that have not been released, the system displays a warning and prevents you from selecting this check box.
- Add additional transactions to the batch as needed.
- Click Create Payment Batch.The system displays the Batch Selection form.
- Choose to create a new batch or use an existing one and click OK.
- Transactions not marked for payment are cleared from the workfile at the point that you proceed with adding your chosen invoices to a batch.
- Transactions that you marked for payment that would have resulted in a negative payment remain in the workfile. The system does not add them to the batch.
- Any credit service invoices that have a different CM account than the one specified in the AP Company Parameters form (CM Acct field, Payment Services tab) will not be added to the payment batch.
- If you are using Comdata as your credit service provider, and you have not specified an email address in the Payment Service Email field in the AP Vendors form (Payment Method tab), the system will not add invoices/transactions for the vendor to the payment batch.
- All invoices with a payment method of Credit Service for the same vendor will be grouped together into a single payment sequence, regardless of whether you selected the Separate Payment check box during invoice entry or their addresses differ.
- Invoices with payment method of either Check or EFT that reference the credit service CM account number (CM Acct field in the AP Company Parameters form, Payment Services tab) will not be added to the batch.