Add Invoices to a Payment Batch Manually
You can manually add invoices to a payment batch directly in the AP Payment Posting form.
- Open the AP Payment Posting form.
- In the Seq # field, enter N, New, or + to have the system generate the next available sequence number.
- From the Pay Method drop-down, select the payment method.
- N-Viewpoint ePayments
- S-Credit Service
- In the CM Acct field, enter the bank account for paying this invoice.If you selected S-Credit Service as your pay method, this CM account must match the account you entered in the CM Acct # field in the AP Company Parameters form (Payment Services tab).If you selected either C-Check or E-EFT as your pay method, this CM account cannot be the same as the account you entered in the CM Acct # field in the AP Company Parameters form (Payment Services tab).
- If you selected the C-Check payment method, use the Check Type field to specify whether you are using a a C-Computer check or a M-Manual check. For more information on this field, click here.
- If you are using a manual check, do the following:
- In the CM Ref# field, enter the check number.Note: The CM Seq# field is disabled and set to 0 for all payment types.
- In the Paid Date field, enter the check's date. If you enter a date that is not the same month and year as the batch month, the system displays a warning; however, you can still post the payment.
- In the CM Ref# field, enter the check number.
- In the Vendor field, enter the vendor number or press F4 to select from a list of valid vendors.The system displays the vendor's name, address, and additional information. You may override this information as needed.
- Save the record.
- In the detail section of the form, use the Month field to enter the invoice month. Press F4 to see a list of months with invoices for the specified vendor.
- In the AP Trans field, enter the invoice number or press F4 to select from a list of invoices for the specified month.Note: The CM Acct field for an invoice must match the CM account specified in the header section of the form or you will not allowed to add the invoice. If a transaction added in the grid is missing a CM account number, the system automatically assigns the CM account specified in the header.
- Enter additional lines as needed.