Create the 1099 eFile Using Aatrix
Instructions for creating the 1099 electronic file using Aatrix.
Beginning December 2021, you must use Aatrix to print and eFile 1099 forms. If you have not installed Aatrix on your local workstation, make sure you do so before you run the 1099 process. For additional details, see Enable Aatrix on a Workstation.
- Set up MISC, INT, NEC, and/or DIV 1099 types in the AP 1099 Types form. The download process includes totals accumulated under only these types.
- Assigned the MISC, INT, NEC, and/or DIV types to each applicable transaction in the AP Transaction Entry form.
- Read and followed the instructions in IRS Publication 1220 ("Specifications for Filing of Forms 1097, 1098, 1099, 3921, 3922, 5498, and W-2G") for filing requirements.
- Filed form 4419 ("Application for Filing Information Returns Electronically") to receive approval from the IRS to file electronically. This form must be filed with the IRS at least 30 days prior to the due date of the returns. Once approved, the IRS will send a Transmitter Control Code (TCC) number. The IRS will not accept returns without this number.
- Located the Payer Name Control code on the mailing label on the 1099 Information Package mailed by the IRS. This number is required when creating the e-file.
To create the 1099 eFile:
- From the main menu, select .The AP 1099 Processing form displays.
- Enter the required information in the Year Ending, Vendor, and 1099 Type fields.
- Select .The AP 1099 Download form displays.
- Enter the appropriate information into each field on the form.Refer to the F1 help for each field for more information.
- Click Launch Aatrix.The AP 1099 Aatrix Print and eFile form displays.
- In the Form Type field, select the applicable 1099 form..
- Click Continue to launch the Aatrix wizard.
- Follow the prompts in the Aatrix wizard to complete the process.Note: Aatrix does not send data back to Vista. If you need to make corrections after you submit your 1099s to the taxing authority, you must do so directly in Aatrix. For more information, see Make Corrections to Regulatory Filings via Aatrix.