Set Up Company Information for Processing Taxable Payments Reports
Before you can prepare Taxable Payments data for submission to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), you must first set up some general company information in the AP Taxable Payments form.
- Open the AP Taxable Payments form.
- Enter the correct year in the Tax Year field.
- The Business # (ABN) field defaults from the Business Number (ABN) field in HQ Company Setup. Accept the default or enter another 11-digit Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Enter a branch number in the Branch No field, if necessary. Leave the field blank if you do not have multiple branches associated with your ABN.
- The system defaults information in the Payer Name and address fields from HQ Company Setup. Accept the defaults or update as necessary. Editing the fields here does not update HQ Company Setup.
- In the Contact Name and Contact Phone fields, enter the name and phone number of the person whom the ATO can contact with questions regarding your submitted returns/reports.
- Enter the name of the person authorised to sign the return/report in the Signature of Authorised Person field.
- The ending date of the tax year defaults in the Report Date field. Accept the default or enter another date for your returns/reports.
- Save the record as normal.