Clear Comdata Credit Service Payments
If you use Comdata as your credit service provider to pay vendors by credit card, you can use the CM Clear Initialize form to clear a range of credit card payment transactions.
Once you have sent your files to Comdata and received a file back from them, you will need to import and upload your data using Viewpoint's Imports module. You can then use the CM Clear Initialize form to initialize the cleared entries.
- Using the AP FTP form, retrieve the AC28 file provided by Comdata to use for reconciliation.
- Save the AC28 reconciliation file to your desktop or another easily accessed location.
- In IM Import, import the AC28 file using the COMDATA_R template.
- In IM Work Edit, verify your imported data is correct and there are no errors.
- Using the IM Upload form, upload your data to CMCE.
- Open CM Clear Entries.
- In the CM Account field, enter the CM account used to create the credit service file.
- In the Display Through Date field, accept the defaulted statement date or enter the date through which to display transactions for the CM account.
- In the Default Date Cleared field, enter the cleared date for all transactions being reconciled. Initially defaults the statement date, but if you have items that cleared on different dates, make sure you enter the latest cleared date of the transactions to reconcile.
- In the Check Items to Display section, select Checks/Electronic Payments and Outstanding Entries .
- Click Refresh to populate the grid and enable the Initialize button.
- Click Initialize. The CM Clear Initialize form displays.
- Select the Use Auto-Clearing File check box.
- In the Upload Date field, enter the upload date of the AC28 text file. This will be the date you ran IM Upload.
- In the Clear Outstanding Entries On or Before field, enter the date through which to clear entries. The system will mark all entries dated on or before this date as cleared.
- Click OK .