Delete a Fiscal Year With Beginning Balance and/or Budget Data
Delete a fiscal year with beginning balance and/or budget data.
- If you have beginning balance data for the fiscal year, open GL Beginning Balances.
- In the Fiscal Year Ending field, enter the fiscal year you plan to delete.
- Click the Beginning
Balance column and do one of the following:
Click the column to sort by descending amounts. This will display all amounts greater than 0.00 at the top.
In the Filter Bar, enter <>0.00. This will filter out all 0.00 amounts so that only amounts greater than 0.00 display.
- For each GL Account with a beginning balance greater than 0.00, change the Begin Balance field to 0.00. Save the record.
- If you have budget data for the fiscal year, open GL Budgets. Click on the Grid tab.
- In the FYEMO column, locate the fiscal year you plan to delete. Highlight all rows for that year.
- Click the Delete button
in the toolbar.A message displays confirming deletion of multiple rows.
- Click Yes.A second message displays indicating form has related records that will also be deleted and asking to confirm the action.
- Click Yes.The system deletes all budget codes/GL account records for that fiscal year.
- Open GL Fiscal Years.
- In the Fiscal Year Ending field, enter the fiscal year to delete or press F4 for a list of valid fiscal years.
- Click the Delete button in the toolbar.