Initialize Security Settings to All Groups or Users in the Grid
If you want to set the same security level for all groups or users in the grid at once, you can use the initialization feature.
To initialize the same security settings to all items in the grid:
- In VA Report Security,
filter for the appropriate records. For more information, see Filtering the VA Report Security Grid. When you click the
Refresh Grid button, the Initialize Access Level button becomes
available.Important: Be very careful to filter information correctly before initializing. When you click the Initialize Access Level button, the system changes all records in the grid, not just the ones that are visible.
- Click Initialize Access Level.
- In the Initialize Security Access form that opens, select an access level option from the Access Level section.
- Click Apply. The Initialize Security Access form closes, and all groups and users now display the specified access level and record permissions in the VA Report Security grid.
- Change the access level or permissions in the grid for specific users or groups as necessary. For more information, see Manually Assign Security to Each Group or User.
- Click the Apply button. The system updates group and user security settings.
- If desired, click the
Refresh Grid button again to clear the grid. Note: If you deny access to a report, its icon is grayed out in the associated module’s Reports folder and is inaccessible to the user. To hide or view inaccessible reports, users can select from the Main Menu toolbar.