Manually Set Tab Security to Each Group or User
When setting security for individuals groups or users, use the grid in VA Tab Security to assign access levels.
To set security for individual tabs:
- In VA Form Security, filter for the appropriate records. For more information, see Filtering the VA Form Security Grid.
- Select a record in the
grid and select 1-By
Tab from the Access column drop-down. Note: You can also initialize this access level to multiple records in the VA Form Security grid. For more information see Applying Form Security Settings.
- Click the Apply button. Select the record again and click the Tab Security button. The VA Tab Security form displays with the company, form, and the specific security group (or user) set from VA Form Security.
- Select the appropriate tab record in the grid and select an access level from the Access column drop-down.
- Repeat step 4 for all applicable tabs.
- Click the Apply button. The system displays a confirmation dialog box.
- Click Close.
Close the form. The
system returns focus to VA Form Security.
Note: If you re-initialize settings for all tabs, the system changes any modifications made to individual tabs. For more information, see Initialize Tab Security to All Groups or Users.