Creating Custom Form Buttons to Initiate a Stored Procedure
When creating custom form buttons with VA Custom Form Buttons, you can decide to have the button initiate a stored procedure.
To create a custom button that initiates a stored procedure:
- Open the VA Custom Form Buttons form.
- Click the New Record () icon in the toolbar at the top of the form.
- Press F4 in the Form field and select the form to which you are adding the button.
- Enter a ‘+’ in the Button ID field and the system will automatically assign it the next available ID number.
- This number distinguishes this button from all other custom buttons on the specified form.
- Enter the text that will display on the button in the Text field.
- Select Stored Procedure from the Action Type drop-down.
- Enter the name of the stored procedure that the button will open in the Action field, or press F4 for a list of available stored procedures in your SQL database.
- On the Parameters tab, specify any parameter settings that you want to pass to the stored procedure. More
- Open the form where you placed the button.
- Select to move and resize the button.
- Click Accept once you have positioned the button. Note: If you reposition a button outside of the normal tab control area, the button will not be included in the input/tabbing order.