Set Parameters for Forms
You can create a custom button that launches another form and opens a certain record in that form.
- Open the VA Custom Form Buttons form.
- On the Info tab, create the custom form button and select HR Resources in the Action field. For more information, see Creating Custom Form Buttons.
- Open the Parameters tab.
- Enter a '+' in the Parameter ID field to create a new record on the tab.
- Use the Name field to name the parameter - for example "PR Employees".
- Select 3-Form Input value from the Default Type drop-down.
- In the Default Value field, press F4 and select the field name that contains the value that the accessed form will default in its key field. In this example, select PREmp. The system defaults the field’s sequence number in the Default Value field. In this example, the sequence is 10.
- Save the record.
- Open the form with the custom button and move the button to a new location, as necessary. In this case, open HR Resources.
- Click the custom form button. The PR Employees form displays and defaults to the PR employee number specified by the PR Empl # field in HR Resources.