Assess License Usage
Use the VA License Usage by Day report to assess utilization rates and compare license usage to total available licenses.
- Security access (data and report) are required to access the VA License Usage by Day report. If needed, request access from your administrator.Note: If you want to see which users are logged on at this moment, see .
- You need to know your license model: Named User License (NUL) or Concurrent User License (CUL). For more information about license types and models, see License Type.
- From the Vista Main Menu, go to and double-click the VA License Usage by Day report.The report launcher appears.
- Choose a date range using the Beginning Date and Ending Date fields.
- Select Preview.
- The Login Details button appears on each row for dates one or more licenses was used.
- The right-side column, showing license type Project Manager, is relevant only if your license model is NUL and you've opted to assign this license type to one or more users.
- Rows with red text indicate exceptions:
- Successful login attempts which happened to result in usage beyond your contractual license count.
- Login failures for users attempting to log in during period where all licenses were already occupied (this can occur only if you’ve disabled on-demand usage).
- If you want to view a more detailed account of any day's login history, select Login Details.
- If you want to print or export the report, close the preview and use the report launcher to make your selection.