Set On-demand Usage
On-demand usage grants immediate access to additional licenses at the moment they're needed.
- The VA License Usage by Day report reveals your organization's license usage trends and can be used to help you determine whether your licensing count is right for your organization. For instructions, see Assess License Usage.Note: If you want to see which users are logged on at this moment, starting from the Vista main menu or almost any form, go to .
- These steps require access to your company's server(s), where the Viewpoint Configuration form is located. If no one in your organization has access to your server, go to the Viewpoint Customer Portal and submit a case requesting the change.
If you don’t want to take advantage of this flexibility, you have the option to disable it. After doing so, the system prevents login attempts during periods that all Vista licenses are in use.
If you have access to your company server and want to change the current setting:
- At the server, navigate to the Viewpoint Configuration form and open it.
- In the Services tab, set the License Enforcement check box accordingly:
- Select the check box to enforce license counts; the system prevents logins or new user records beyond your count.
- Leave the check box cleared to permit login counts to flex with demand; the system won’t restrict new user records or logins.
- Select OK.The Viewpoint Configuration form closes.