Create a Customized Tree Menu for a PM or SM Work Center
You can create a customized PM or SM Work Center tree menu and then apply it to a Work Center profile.
You can create a customized tree menu for a PM, SM, or Accounting work center, and then apply it to a Work Center profile.
For example, you can add and remove queries and folders on the default PM Work Center tree menu, and then associate the customized tree menu with a Work Center profile using the VA Work Center Profile form.
To create a customized tree menu for a work center:
- From the main menu, select .
- In VA Work Center Profile, click on WC Tabs.
In the Navigation field of any sequence, press F5.
The VA Work Center Tab Navigation form displays.
- Open the VA Work Center Tab Navigation form by pressing F5 in the Navigation field in VA Work Center Profile.
- In the Navigation ID field, enter + or N to create a new navigation record. The system automatically assigns the next available sequence number.
- In the Template field, enter PM for a PM work center or SM for an SM work center. Press F4 to select from a list of Viewpoint templates.
In the Template
field, enter the template or press F4 to select from a list of valid
Note: If you are using the F4 lookup, you must select a PM, SM, or Accounting work center template. Dashboard work center menus are not customizable.
- In the Description field, enter a name for the customized menu.
- Select the Info tab.
- In the Configure Navigation Items section, use any of the following options to customize the standard template.
Hide/Show Folders or Menu Items
Hide a Folder or Menu Item - Highlight an item or folder, right click the mouse, and select Hide from the menu that appears.
Show a Hidden Folder or Menu Item - Right click anywhere in the navigation work space and select Show. Then select the folder and/or items you would like to display or select All to display all folders and items.
Add an Inquiry
Follow the steps below to add a inquiry (query) to the menu. For example, you can create customized versions of a Hot List and add them all to a menu.
- Right click the mouse and select Add Inquiry from the menu. The Grid Configuration form displays.
- Select the query you would like to add to the menu from the Grid Query drop-down menu.
- Use the Grid Configuration form to customize the query.
Click here for information on how to customize the query.
- Use the Inquiry tab to modify the maximum number of items that will display on the Hot List, and remove columns from the grid.
- Use the Inquiry tab to modify the maximum number of items
that will display on the Hot List, and remove columns from the grid. Note: When entering parameter values, make sure that you do not include the spaces, apostrophes, or <>'s that display in the format description. Click here for information about parameter values.
- Click OK. This will close the form and return you to the Hot List, which will update with the change.
- Click OK to save the changes. This will close the form Grid Configuration form, return you to the VA Work Center Tab Navigation form, and add the query to the menu.
Rename a folder or item
Double click on an item or folder label to rename it. You can also highlight an item or folder, right click the mouse, and select Rename from the menu that appears.
You can move items to different folders. For example, you can rename a folder and then move applicable queries and items to that folder.
To move an item to a different folder, click on the item so that it is highlighted and drag it to another folder.
Once you have modified the menu tree, you can apply it to a Work Center profile using the Navigation field on the VA Work Center Profile form.