Create a Vista Record and SQL Service Account - SAP Crystal Reports
Crystal Reports application users in VRL Cloud must use the Crystal Reports service account in order to modify reports or to change the data source. This app-specific record provides access to the cloud-hosted database using the VPN.
- Open the VA User Profile form.
- Click the New Record icon.
- In the Full Name field, enter crystal.svc.
- Click Save.A prompt appears indicating there is no matching SQL record and that a new one will be created.
- Close the prompt.A password creation window appears.
- Enter a password for the user.Note: Passwords must meet the following guidelines:
- must not contain the account name of the user.
- at least eight characters long.
- contains characters from at least three of these categories:
- uppercase letters (A through Z)
- lowercase letters (a through z)
- base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- non-alphanumeric characters such as !, $, #, %.
- Click OK.
- If needed, click Save.
- Log into your VRL Cloud Vista account and create a SQL user for use with SAP Crystal Reports.Note: For example, a suggested format is 'CrystalODBC.svc'.
- Open 32-bit ODBC on the system that has Crystal Designer on it, and configure
ODBC with your cloud server IP address and the new SQL user you created in the
previous step.Note: The cloud administrator for your company should have received an email from Viewpoint that includes the IP address of your cloud server.Use the name and password you just created when prompted for the ODBD name and password while editing each Crystal Report.