Create, Edit, and Delete Portal Security Groups
Use security groups to control access to specific directories and files and to provision SQL access. Your organization receives one group by default.
This information is intended for VRL Cloud administrators.
You must have an administrator role to access the Cloud Admin Portal. You can obtain this role from your current portal administrator.
- To create a group:
- In the Groups section, click Add.The Add Group form appears.
- Enter a name for the group.
- Select the check box next to each user that should be a member of the group. If needed, you can use the filter to locate user records.
- Click Add Group.Your changes are saved, the Add Group form closes, and the group you created appears in the list of groups.
- In the Groups section, click Add.
- To add or remove group members:
- Click the name of the group you want to edit.The Update Group form appears with all users listed.
- Select or clear the check box as applicable for each user. If needed, you can use the filter to locate user records.
- Click Update Group.Your changes are saved and the Update Group form closes.
- Click the name of the group you want to edit.
- To delete a group:
- Hover over the name of the group you want to delete.
- Click the red x that appears.
- Confirm you want to delete the group by clicking
Yes.The group no longer appears in the list of groups.