Apply Linked Cost Types
When posting progress on a job (JC Progress Entry) or entering cost projections (JC Cost Projections or PM Cost Projections), you can have the system automatically update the related cost types.
- Identify the cost type that you will use to post progress, for example labor. This is the primary cost type.
- Select the primary cost type in the Link Progress Cost Type field (JC Cost Types> Info tab) on each cost type that should be linked to it. For example, if you want to post progress to labor and want burden and equipment update with the same units or percent complete, you need to select the labor cost type in the Link Progress Cost Type field on both the burden and equipment cost types.
- When posting progress using the JC Progress Entry form, posting units or percent complete to the primary cost type will automatically update the linked the cost types. For example if you post 100 units to labor, 100 units will also be posted to burden and equipment.
- If you are posting progress units for a primary cost type and the linked cost type has estimated units of 0.00, units will only be posted to the linked cost type if the UM is the same as the primary cost type UM.
- You can post progress to the linked cost types even if progress has not been posted to the primary cost type. This provides for those situations where the primary cost type is not used on a job, but the linked cost types are. In this case, the primary cost type will not be updated.
- Optional: You can override a linked cost type when posting progress using the JC Progress Entry form. Select to override the linked cost types. The changes made using this option will only impact the current batch. More
- When you enter projections (in JC Cost Projections or PM Cost Projections), the system will automatically update any linked cost types when you enter a plugged value on a primary cost type.