Initializing Phases to Job Roles
Using the JC Job Phase Roles Initialize form, you can select multiple job phases and update them to a job role.
The following steps will guide you through this process.
User Name field,
enter the user name for which to initialize job phases. Initially
defaults the currently logged in user. Press F4 for a list of valid user names for the specified
job/project. The user's role displays below and cannot be changed.
Note: If you accessed this form from JC Progress Entry or JC Cost Projections, the User Name field is disabled and cannot be changed.
- In the Process drop-down, select the process to assign to this user/role.
Note: If you accessed this form from JC Progress Entry or JC Cost Projections, the Process drop-down is disabled and defaults the process associated with the calling form (e.g. if accessed from JC Progress Entry, the process will default as JC Progress Entry).
Select JC Progress Entry if this user/role will be posting progress only to the selected phases.
Select JC Cost Projections if this user/role will be posting cost projections only to the selected phases.
Select Both if this user/role will be posting to both progress and cost projections.
- From the Available Job Phases list, select the phases to add for this user/role. Use Shift-Click for consecutive selection or Ctrl-Click for random selection. Note: The Available Job Phases list displays all phases assigned to the job that are available for initialization. Phases that have already been assigned to users/roles on the job will be excluded from the list; however, if you prefer to always see all phases on the job, check the Show all phases in available list box. You might typically check this box if you assigned more than one role to a phase (e.g. one role will post progress to the phase, one role will post cost projections).
- Click Add. The system will add the selected phases to the Selected Job Phases list. Newly added phases will be highlighted in yellow.
- Repeat the process for any other phases you wish to add. Note: To remove phases from the Selected Job Phases list, select the desired phases (using Shift-Click for consecutive selection or Ctrl-Click for random selection) and click Remove. Click Remove All to remove all phases from the list.
- When finished adding phases to the Selected Job Phases list, click Update Phase Roles. All phases highlighted in yellow will be updated to the job role.