Overview: PC Potential Project to PM Project
The diagram below outlines the process of creating a potential project, creating a bid package, managing the bids, and then using the potential project information to create a PM module project once the work has been awarded.
Follow the steps below for general information about the process.
- Create a potential project using PC Potential Projects. Enter the general project and bid information, as well as SWMBE certificates and project team members if this applies. Tip: If you have already created a similar potential project, you can make a copy it using PC Copy Potential Project and then modify the copy to save time and reduce data entry. Click here for information on copying an existing potential project.
- Create a bid package for the potential project using PC Bid Package.
If you have already created a similar bid package, you can copy the existing bid package to the new potential project to reduce data entry. Click here for information on copying an existing bid package.
- While creating the bid package, you have to create a bid list - a list of vendors that will bid on the work. A bid list is created using PC Select Bidders.Note: The vendors that can be added to a bid list must be set up using either PC Pre-Qualification Info or AP Vendors, but the scopes/phases of work that the vendor can perform and a bid contact should be added to the vendor using PC Pre-Qualification Info. Click here for information on PC Pre-Qualification Info. Once you add the vendors, you can run the PC Subcontract Risk Report to evaluate and risks associated with the vendors. For example, the report displays the bonding capacity of a vendor and if they are in compliance.
- Manage the bids. This step includes sending out the invitation to bid documents, managing the bids and correspondence received, and then awarding the bids.
Once the bid package has been created, you can send bid documents to the vendors on the bid list using PC Create and Send. For example, you can use this form to send invitations to bid to all of the vendors on the bid list. The bid documents are created using standard or customized document templates that are maintained in the PM module using PM Create & Send Templates. Click here for an overview of PC module document templates.You can also use the automated response feature to collect vendor bid information. The automated response feature allows you to email a PDF form to a vendor or contact on a potential project, and when they complete the form and email it back, the system will automatically process the form and update the application. Click here for more information on the automated response feature.
Correspondence sent using PC Create and Send will display on the Correspondence tab of PC Potential Projects. For example, if you email an invitation to bid to a vendor using PC Create and Send, that email will display on the tab. This allows you to keep track of the correspondence associated with a potential project.
The Bid Coverage tab on PC Potential Projects is used to maintain the bid information. This tab is used to track if a vendor will bid on work, if their bid was received, the amount of the bid, and if the bid was awarded to the vendor. If this potential project becomes a PM project, the information on this tab can be used to generate subcontract detail in the PM module using PC Create PM Project.
The Bid Analysis Report helps estimators review vendor bid amounts by scopes and phases. This report can be filtered by vendor, scope, phase, and bid information (bid received, bid awarded, bid response status, etc), and it includes most of the information that displays on the Bid Coverage tab of PC Potential Projects.
- Create the PM module project using the information entered on the potential project.
If the potential project is awarded, you can use the information entered on the potential project to create a PM project using PC Create PM Project. Click here for more information on creating a PM project from a PC potential project.
You can also use the bids awarded to vendors to create PM subcontract detail. This can be done while the PM module project is being created from the potential project using PC Create PM Project, or after the PM project has already been created. Click here for information about creating PM subcontract detail after a potential project has been used to create a PM project.