Create PM Subcontract Detail
You can create PM module subcontract detail using the awarded vendor bids on a PC potential project after that potential project has been used to create a PM project.
Follow the steps below to create PM module subcontract detail using the awarded bids on a potential project.
- Open a potential project in PC Potential Projects.
- Open the PC Bid Coverage tab to view the vendor bids on the potential project.
- Make sure that there are awarded vendor bids on the potential project. These bids will be used to create the subcontract detail. Note: Check the Bid Awarded box to award a bid to a vendor. Amounts entered into the Bid Amount field will be used to create the subcontract detail. If there is no amount entered in the Bid Amount field, the subcontract detail will be created with no amount, but you will be able to modify the subcontract detail after it has been created in PM Subcontract Detail . Click here for more information on awarding and maintaining bids on the Bid Coverage tab.
- Click the Tasks icon and select Create PM Subcontract Detail from the menu that appears. This will open PC Create PM Project. Note: You can only access PC Create PM Project if you have form security set up to add records to PM Projects. Form security is set up using VA Form Security .
- Enter the PM project number in the Project field or press F4 to select it from a list. This is the PM project associated with the subcontract detail that will be created.
- Check the Create Subcontract Detail box.
- Enter the cost type that should be assigned to the subcontract detail in the Cost Type field. You cannot change the cost type assigned to the subcontract detail once it has been created. Note: By default, the Cost Type field will populate with the subcontract cost type set up in the SL Cost Type 1 field on the Subcontract Parameters tab of PM Company Parameters . If the SL Cost Type 1 field is blank, it will display the value in the SL Cost Type 2 field.
- Click OK when complete to create the subcontract detail.
- An information window will display the number of subcontract detail items created by the form. Click Yes to view the subcontract detail in PM Subcontract Detail . Click here for an overview of the Subcontract Buyout process in the PM module. Note: By default, the subcontract detail will be assigned a lump sum unit of measure but you can change the UM using PM Subcontract Detail if it does not apply.Note: If there are inclusions and exclusions on the scopes/phases on the bid package associated with the awarded bid used to create the subcontract detail, those inclusions and exclusions will be copied to the PM subcontract and will display on the new Inclusions/Exclusions tab of PM Subcontracts.
Create a PM Project from a PC Potential Project
Overview: PC potential project to PM project